Need a Lung? Just Ask Justin Bieber…
That [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Justin Bieber[/lastfm]. He can do ANYTHING!
The Biebz recently caused a spike in Canadian organ donor registrations, simply by retweeting a fan’s personal request to the teen star asking that he help raise the number of donors as she awaits a lung transplant.
It all started when 20-year-old Helene Campbell made a personal plea to Justin via Twitter as part of her #beanorgandonor campaign. And Justin responded…
He didn’t stop there…
By Sunday, the BeADonor.ca website had 565 new donors. A post then appeared on the organization’s Facebook page that said, “Thanks to Helene, her team, and all the Bielibers out there!” Now there are over a thousand new donors!
This really was something huge for Justin to do. A 17-year-old kid, using his fame and 16 million Twitter followers for such good causes as often as he does, while being genuine and interacting personally with his fans… who does that these days? As much as people want to hate on him, he keeps killing them with kindness.
Go get ’em Justin!
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Tweet or Delete: Liam Payne ‘Bedroom Floor’ vs. Jake Miller ‘Can’t Help Myself’
- Jeezy Announces 2018 ‘Cold Summer’ Tour Dates
- Hear an Unreleased Vince Staples Track in New Animated ‘Spiderman’ Trailer
- Macklemore & Kesha Announce 2018 ‘Adventures’ Tour
- ‘The Adventures of Kesha and Macklemore’ Heading To DTE Engery Music Theatre
- Golden Globe Nominations: Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, & More Net Nods