There’s no need to retreat ‘Up North’ this fall to enjoy all the amazing things the season brings.
And if you’re especially searching for gorgeous places to have some outdoor fun during the autumn months, Thrillist has got you covered.
The website has put together a list of the 10 Best Fall Trails to Hike or Bike in Metro Detroit, and it’s likely that at least one location is right in your backyard.
- Rouge River Gateway Greenway (Hines Park Trail) – Dearborn to Northville
- I-275 Metro Trail – Novi to New Boston
- West Bloomfield Trail – West Bloomfield
- Paint Creek Trail – Rochester to Lake Orion
- Milford Trail – Milford
- Independence Oaks County Park River Loop – Clarkson
- Maybury State Park Hiking Trail – Northville
- Macomb Orchard Trail – Shelby Township to Richmond
- Stony Creek Metropark, West Branch Mountain Bike Trails – Shelby, Oakland and Washinton Townships
- Detroit International Riverfront – Downtown Detroit